The Beginners Surf Companion is an illustrated workbook for beginner surfers, surf coaches and surfers who wish to work on their fundamentals! Do you want to learn how to handle your surf equipment, paddle and stand up on a surf board and train your basic surfing skills? This book will help you at the start of your journey as a surfer with essential surf knowledge and easy to understand illustrations. It also allows you to track your individual progress with space for your own notes – the more you use it, the more valuable it becomes!
- This is a 72-page surf workbook full of detailed illustrations and descriptions
- Topics covered: wetsuits, handling of and caring for your board & wetsuit, board terminology, how surf is created, currents & surf conditions, beginner surf spot basics, dangers & protection techniques, first aid tips, positioning and paddling on a surfboard, getting through whitewater waves, bodysurfing, catching whitewater waves, surf stance, 3-step take-off & Pop-up, shuffle & cross step, surf etiquette, wave anatomy, turtle roll, basics of taking off on unbroken waves, and more.
- With lots of space to take notes – grab your pencil and colored markers to add tips and insights from your surf sessions and lessons to the book’s illustrations – leave your mark & make it your own!
- Developed and thoroughly tested by a highly experienced ISA level 2 certified surf coach and a professional designer & illustrator
- Beautiful Illustrations and detailed descriptions for every single technique and maneuver
- Start surfing with easy to follow practical instructions, all the necessary surf theory and valuable tips to help you make progress right from the beginning. Get professional coaching content – and start rippin’!
- Additional Pro-Tips
- Superb offset print on recycled paper (150g/m²) and high quality thread binding
- Eco friendly climate-neutral production